Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Pocket friendly tip: How to make a Mosquito Trapper


My biggest fear is to see one of my kids contracted from a dengue disease. It breaks my heart whenever I  heard children dying due to communicable diseases and I can help but worry that one day my child may share the same fate. Worst is, dengue symptoms are confusing as it varies from one person to another. A common colds associated with mild fever may be diagnosed as flu. But actually it's an outset of a deadly disease that may eventually result to weakness, dehydration, shock, and death.

As an a popular insect repellant suggests, "trap mosquitoes before they kill you and your family". Now, let me share you these made easy and affordable mosquito trapper I just found out on facebook.

Materials Needed:
2000ml (2 liter) bottle
50 gram brown sugar
1 gram yeast
Thermometer
Measure cup
Knife
 
Black paper

 




The following are the procedures in making a mosquito trapper
1. Cut a plastic bottle in half, keep both parts. Can be soft drink bottle.
2.Take the lower portion of the bottle. Dissolve the brown sugar in hot water. Let it cool down to ~70 deg F (room temperature).
3.Add the yeast. Carbon dioxide will be formed and will attract the mosquitoes.
4.Cover the bottle with a dark wrap and insert in the top portion upside down like a funnel. Place it in a corner in your house.
5. In 2 weeks you will be surprised by the number of mosquitoes killed.




No comments:

Post a Comment